"We each have a piece of the puzzle"
Note: Some of these sites may be down; our apologies for the inconvenience.
Korean Fiction in Translation
KAHS is honored to present Bruce Fulton's selected list of modern Korean fiction in English translation (pdf; 204 kb).
A resident of Seattle, Dr. Fulton is the Director of Publications for the International Korean Literature Association. He received his Ph.D. from the Department of Korean Language and Literature at Seoul National University. He and his wife, Ju-Chan, together have translated a number of works, including Words of Farewell: stories by Korean women writers (Seal Press, 1989), and Wayfarer: new fiction by Korean women (Women in Translation, 1997). In 1995, Dr. Fulton received a NEA Translation Fellowship.
KAHS presents "Jangseung: Spirit Poles of Korea," Matthew Benuska's arts and crafts workshop on how to make jangseung (6.9mb; 8:22) using paper towel rolls.
- Jangseung Presentation (pdf; 4.1 mb)
- Jangseung Patterns (pdf; 176 kb)
- Jangseung Names (pdf; 55 kb)
Jangseung: Spirit Poles of Korea by Matthew Benuska is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.kahs.org.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.kahs.org/.
Please contact KAHS if you're interested in a live presentation or the source files.
P'ungmul is a form of traditional Korean performance music that revolves around percussion and dance. Click on the link for more information.
- Korean American History Online
- Korean American Chronology, 1864 through 1992
- Field Work & Family Work: Picture Brides on Hawaii's Sugar Plantations, 1910-1920 by Teresa Bill
- Asian American Chronology, 1600 thru 1989, by Sucheng Chan.
- The Center for the Study of the Pacific Northwest's Asian Americans in Washington State
- Korean Heritage Library's Bibliography of Koreans in America at USC
- Internet School Library Media Center's Korean American Juvenile Bibliography
(Links to external sites do not constitute endorsement by KAHS.)